View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
Regarding the new subject line of this thread:

I know, I know. I've previously tried to promote New Coastal Times as a Great Beach Read. What do you expect? I'm an indie; I'll try anything. But the truth (the REAL truth this time) is that my novel is an anti-Beach Read. And because I believe in being honest (not much else has worked) I'm now trying to get the word out on this and other forums.

Here's the thing. I don't believe in reading on the beach. And I especially don't think it's a good idea to read New Coastal Times on the beach. It's not that I'm anti-Beach. I love the beach. I live a stone's throw from the beach in Florida. Close enough to be in harm's way every hurricane season (that's June through November). Close enough to worry that the BIG ONE is gonna get me and everyone and thing I hold dear. So why don't I move? Hey, like I said, I love the beach. And where would I go? To California to get swallowed by tsunamis (it could happen) or shaken out of my mind by earthquakes? My mind is in a fragile enough state as it is.

Anyway, don't read New Coastal Times on the beach. Especially if you live in a beachside condo (bad idea) or are vacationing in a beachside resort in Florida anytime between June and November (also a bad idea).

I've always been an optimist. I don't think global warming is really gonna get us, and turn life as we know it into a scary science fiction movie (except without the zombies). Of course, it might. Actually, it probably will. And then what will we do?

I think, if we're lucky, we'll be like the quirky survivors in New Coastal Times. We'll keep loving the ones we love (who will also survive, of course), and we'll keep going, even when things get really weird. We'll have sex, make new friends, sing a song or two to keep our spirits up, and try to avoid the crazies. And somehow we'll figure out how to cope in a not-so-brave new world.

So, to repeat: Don't read New Coastal Times on the beach. You can read it anywhere else. In bed. In the bathroom. In the kitchen while waiting for toast to pop. (These are just a few suggestions. The possibilities are endless. Just try to keep your reading device dry. Especially during hurricanes.)
Donna Callea is offline   Reply With Quote