View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fglaysher View Post
Lack of a decent cataloguing or importing system really keeps me from putting all my books on the PRS 505 and, actually, from really get the most out of the device.
You're not the only one.

This is the single most frustrating thing with the Reader. Transferring several gigs of books to the Reader is no problem, but the Reader then tries to index them all at once, and of course, with any decently sized personal library (or even a non-decently sized one), this can and does take hours upon hours. You get to stare at the Spinning Arrows Of Death. And after it's done, try to browse through the menus...

I have kinda made my peace with it. I usually have 10 - 20 different books on it, and swap in new ones when I need to. I don't like it, but it's not like I can do something about it...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote