View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Is there a librarian in the house?

OR
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Libraries have books. That’s understandable, it's their raison d'être.

My first contact with audiobooks was in helping to care for an old priest with a stroke. I also learned (back in the mid '70s) that they were used by the blind.

So it is understandable that libraries provide paper books and audiobooks.

But ebooks? As mentioned elsewhere ereaders are not that common. I would like to add "yet", but I don't know that there is, truly, a large percentage of readers interested in ereader devices.

So a library must decide how to spend its' money. Paper books, yes. Audio books, yes. Magazine and newspaper subscriptions, yes. Money left over? Not much. Ebooks? Not much of a demand right now.

The chicken or the egg. Libraries don't have many ebooks so people don't look for them there.

But can we change that? It looks like many people here have taken much time to clean up "out of copyright" books.

The question to Mobileread and those dedicated people is this - Can this collection be "donated" to libraries?
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote