View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Why is a 1 gig card better than a 2 gig? I'm just about ready to order mine (hopefully later this week! ) and I have both 1 gig and 2 gig cards. I figured I'd keep the 2 gig for me and give the 1 gig to my daughter for my old Palm I'll be giving her... but would the 1 gig be better? (I've got a little over 100 books ready to put on it, and they're around 100MB total, so I know I'll have plenty of room either way.)
The SD standard was based on the MMC standard which only went to 1 Gig. Read about SD cards in our wiki. Some older firmware only support up to 1 gig in the boot phase without regard to what they support when the OS finally boots. I suspect the older firmware the user has from a couple of years ago is such firmware. This really has nothing to do with what you buy today but was intended to help someone with firmware that was from 2008.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote