View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I just want to officially state that there is absolutely no link between my problems and the Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini driver for Calibre.

The driver works perfectly and was not the cause of my problems.

After I got my Touch working (7 hours total now), I retraced my steps that I thought caused the problems last night, but nothing happened. All is well.
Glad to hear you have it fixed. I'm happy it wasn't the driver, but it would be good to know what it was.
Quote:
- Books were fine and included the series info in the titles as per my settings in the calibre kobo driver
- Reconnected to calibre
- Calibre did not recognise that the 7 books were the same as the books I had just sent
Elaboration: the books did appear in the device library with the titles including the series and series number, but calibre didn't show the "on device" check mark next to those books in the calibre library. Odd, because the same formatting was used on the first book that was sent (also a book from a series, though a different series), and that does show a check mark for "on device" in the calibre library. The first book does not show the series information in its title in the device library of calibre.
- Disconnected without doing anything
- Books still on device.

- Synced Kobo via wifi.
- Reconnected to calibre
- Calibre suddenly does recognise the 7 series books properly
Elaboration: the 7 books show a check mark in "on device" within the Calibre library.
- In the Device library in calibre, the titles of the 7 series books changed to exclude the series letters and number.

- Disconnected without changing anything
- Checked library on the Kobo: series info is present in titles.
I get this occasionally as well. The matching is done in a couple of different ways. And it is most likely to fail for titles with series info added. But, then the next time you connect it works OK. Very annoying to try and debug.
Quote:
Update: there is one difference between the above success and last night's catastrophe: I'm using firmware 2.0.0 now, while last night I was on 2.1.1. So 2.0.0 works fine with the driver, 2.1.1 I can't say anything about.
It should be fine with 2.1.1. The database is the same, and nearly every action on it is done by the firmware. Deletes from calibre are safe. The only other updates are for shelves. The real work, adding a book to the database, is done by the device when it is disconnected. And there is no way I would attempt to do this from calibre. The only thing I can think of going wrong is disconnecting the device before the database is saved. If you do that the database could be corrupt, but the disk will probably need to be fixed as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote