View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiyoforward View Post
I find creating collections on the kindle a bit cumbersome. Can I create them on my pc? Is there any way to get collections created by the actual folder where the files are?
You will find not only creating collections a bit cumbersome but also virtually impossible while trying to organize hundreds or thousands of ebooks. I am looking for the same solution as you do. Format of collection file is well known - if you are interested in writing own application just search via our forum. I started to create Perl script for myself but did not complete it yet because chronic lack of time. In the meanwhile I use Kindle Collections Manager from Adrian Colegate:

http://www.colegate.net/KindleCollectionManager

(you will find more info in separate thread). It is still in beta version but is working quite well for me. You can use this app to create collections from folders just by drag&drop. But Kindle does not support nested collections so you will not be able to map your folders directly - first you have to flatten folder structure.

Note: Add some prefix on the very beginning of collection name - collections will be always listed on the top of the list.

It still looks quite awkward but I can assure you that it is quite decent workaround. As soon as I received a copy of Kindle Collections Manager I finally started to read. And it is something that Kindle is built for. I wish Amazon understood it...

Best regards,

Jacek
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote