View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
eureka: If you open install script, you will see some bash commands and on the end is huge nonsense text. This text is actually binary code and when script is executed, this code is copied to new file.

Screenshot: here

It looks like PDF, but in fact it is sh script
I've researched a way in which kite install script works by myself (i.e. shell script with embedded binary). But I'm not interested in install script or tool by itself. I'm interested in how scripts (or executables etc.) are displayed on home screen and I haven't K3 (or K4NT) to run kite and see by myself. And OP's instructions could be interpreted as "kite will add some pretty custom stuff to home screen which is not like native Kindle interface". Now, I don't claim native Kindle interface as bad and I don't expecting something from kite. Just wanted to look at it's UI.

Thanks for screenshot. It's precisely what I've needed.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote