View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
High Speed SanDisk 8 GB SDHC memory card works.

I have some 300 highly selected books on my Kindle right now, all of which I moved from the Kindle Memory to the 8 GB High Speed SanDisk SDHC memory card periodically as I took a break from adding more books.

All my books (for the most part anyway) come from the free ebooks from Mobipicket, and Feedbooks. These are all out-of-copyright, but include a huge number of classics in English. I had read many of these during my college days as an English Lit major, but many which I had wanted to read couldn't be fitted into my tight time schedule then -- but now they can as I am now retired with time to read.

I really love my Kindle, and take it with me everywhere I go -- to the john, to the restaurant when I am alone, in my car where I read while I wait for my wife who is shopping, to next to my bed where I recharge my Kindle every night per recomendations of Kindle if you leave wireless on all the time like I do, and where I can read my Kindle in bed unlike every other book I have tried to do that. This is possible on my Kindle since I can hold it in one hand, using my thumb to tjurn pages. Try that on a dead tree book.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote