Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #1353
readreadread
readreadread began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
You need the .dict, .ifo and .index. As long as those 3 files are in the directory \DK_System\xKindle\res\dict, you do not need to enable anything, the dictionary function will recognize them. It is a bit tricky to get different dcitionaries to work on one same word as the button for this is in chines and not translated to english.

After testing both over the last days I prefer using Sergey's Coolreader, even though it has no dictionary function yet. It is much more flexible, it works with KUAL, and I have installed it on my three readers (PW2, Aura HD and PB623) and it works the same on all 3 which for me is a huge advantage.

Plus I don't like the way Duokan wants me to migrate my account (for the mail to kindle function) to a bookstore. It seems to be not about hacking and enabling kindles to be used in chinese anymore but about profit, and if they think they are going to earn money with me (or anyone) based on the work that our dev team did, then I'd rather pass on the whole experience thank you very much.
I succeeded
Just had to extract it , yes the way it enable dictionaries is not good as kindle do, duokan open all the dictionaries in many pages.
I see if I open a pdf with chinese in duokan the dictionary works on the wrong line.

I have still this unanswered question:

OT. Since I have the new PW2 JB I want to prevent Amazon to upgrade my firmware, have I to install the loophole hack to prevent this even on this version ?

Thanks!!
readreadread is offline   Reply With Quote