View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaxena11 View Post
Hi,

I had to return my previous kindle (older generation) since the it was very difficult to read pdfs with images.

How is latest generation of kindle working with pdf. Does it have better reflow?

Thanks
amit
There's still no reflow.

K3 add support for password protected PDFs, text annotation and highlighting, and has a contrast adjustment. The latter might help with images, and color text, etc.

A couple of months ago they added PDF zoom/pan to K2/DX models. So that might be a new feature for you as well.

Still missing these PDF-related features:
- reflow
- link support (for TOC navigation etc.)
- 'search my items' does not include text in PDFs (beyond metadata - if you have the PDF open you can search text inside that)
- it remains to be seen whether any pre-existing PDF annotations will be editable, or if annotations added by Kindle will be viewable by other PDF viewers.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote