View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
That's basically the same kind of output I had when using PDFread. I can see on page 5 that the bottom sentence is cut off as well as on page 6 the top sentence is cut off. That's no problem really with magazine scans like this, but for reading a long novel and having that on every page is just bothersome, at least to me.
NO, that's by design! It's an overlap area that repeats on the next page so that there is NO "cut" in the middle of a sentence. Read the bottom of page 5 and you'll see that the top of page 6 starts a line or two before the text you read at the bottom of page 5 and is NOT cut on page 6. See, no information is lost!

Quote:
With ABBYY PDF Transformer, it didn't do that. I just hated how a lot of the images weren't selected properly before converting so you'd have to go through and make sure they're outlined properly. Was just hoping for something simple that had everything done for you before converting.

You know, this kind of thing won't be an issue when Asus releases their ereader. That is if it supports PDF which it probably will since I guess supposedly it'll double as a mini-laptop. Seen this yet?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/09/asus-eee-reader
I have an ASUS eeePC 10" netbook but won't use it as an ebook reader when a dedicated model like my REB1200 can read the same ebook format. I did buy an iLiad to better allow me to read .pdf ebooks natively but even it needs to zoom and pan to be legible. It's best to get a larger device (with a 10" screen) to read those pesky .pdf ebooks.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote