View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #29
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good Morning! Awww shucks .... this was a heartwarming thread to start the week with.

I have a very clear memory of my first "real" book. Mom bought me a beautifully bound copy of "Black Beauty" before I could read, so it stayed next to my bed until I could read it. I would go to sleep looking at the beautiful horse running through falling autumn leaves, and wake up to see if I could read it. I was awfully proud when one morning, the letters just clicked, and suddenly I could read. After that, they couldn't stop me from reading!

My short list:
  1. Black Beauty
  2. The Aristocats
  3. Nancy Drew (of course)
And then it got weird:
  1. All of my Granny's Reader's Digests going back to the 1930's
  2. Same for her big stack of ancient National Geographics
  3. Grimm's Fairy Tales (the "real" stories which scared me and they didn't match up to the cartoons anyway)
  4. Comic books - Little Lulu, Casper, etc
And then I met my first scifi book: Nova

And it's been a wonderful journey through books ever since.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote