View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #28
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
A. A. Milne's book of children's poetry- "When We Were Very Young".

I can still recite fragments. My favourite poem was "Disobedience" in which a protective child warns his mother:

James James said to his mother,
"Mother," he said, said he
"You must never go down to the end of the town
If you don't go down with me."

The mother disobeys his instructions, goes downtown without him, and disappears. James James makes it absolutely clear to everyone it's not HIS fault. I really loved his categorical denial of responsibility.

I also recall, as a 10 year old, trying to borrow Lawrence's "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" from the local library. The librarian refused to let me have it. I am STILL bitter and twisted about that.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote