View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Honestly, I don't much go to the bookstore at all anymore. When I do, it's usually for crafting books (knit, crochet), which I'll buy in-store if it's in stock. If it's not in stock (which is pretty typical), then I go home and order from Amazon because it's easier than having the store special order it for me. I so badly want the instant gratification of picking up a book in the bookstore, but it just doesn't work out for me. I've also been using my library a lot more, ordering books that I want to try out and picking them up when the library notifies me it's arrived.

Since the other books I buy are mostly fiction (sci-fi/fantasy), I read reviews and recommendations online and then make my purchase online as well (usually ebook, but not always). It's simpler than picking out a book and then driving to the store (especially because of ebooks).

What's the role of bookstores in the future? I have no idea. But I think they're going to be much smaller and much more spread out than they are now, and I'm going to miss them. Even though I don't spend much money at them, I have fond memories of browsing bookstores. My daughter (13 months) has been to many bookstores lately; I love buying books for her, and she loves playing with the train sets or puzzles they have set out in the kids' area. Which is another way of saying that it's exactly like going to the library.

Last edited by queentess; 04-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote