View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #326
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Sorry, you're wrong. You're trying to say that just because the possibility of a copyright violation exists in a retail store it justifies the use of torrent sites to upload/download with impunity. No, sorry, that's just not right.
No. What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you insert "Amazon" into the statement or if you insert "filesharer". Either they are both responsible, or neither one is.

Personally, I believe that they are both engaging in infringement. But, you can't say that one is and the other isn't. They are both doing the same thing.

IF (notice that's an If), someone wants to say that Amazon should not be held responsible, then they are also saying that P2P users should not be held responsible either. I am just curious as to whether the people defending Amazon really feel that way, or if they are just making special rules because it is a company doing it instead of an individual.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote