View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #32
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Suggestions/Requests

Hey there, are you still developing this amazing application? If so I have some suggestions.

Hum, I don't know if you and the others agree, but I think the scroll over to see a book is bigger than what would be desirable, I mean it's usable and does all that's necessary but you could maybe, only zoom a bit (like 50% or more bigger) the book where the mouse is to quickly scroll over the books (when the mouse would leave the book it would return to the default size) and then click to see full detail. Well, it's just my opinion, if you and/or the others don't feel that's right, then simply ignore this ^^

Another, maybe it would be more organized if all the genres were in a top horizontal bar and which one of them would have scroll over drop down to the refined sub genres and maybe separate the number of books from the sub genre, aligning to left the sub-genre name and to the right the number of books.

It would be more, hum, can't find the word... Organized, aesthetic maybe.

By the way my examples could be a nice addition as a sub-genre or sub-sub-genre, those kind of things more specific, for fans of fanatics of some sort of thing, even I like some specific things, I'll explain them later as was something you already talked about.

One last suggestion would be change the colors (not that they aren't good) to some sort of graphite coloring maybe to match more in the kindle spirit, this is really sketchy and may not work well but normally dark pages are nice for the eyes and to navigate, can have a white version too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again only suggestions, my own opinion, how I think theoretically things would look better and be more functional

Well this one is more like a request, if you can. Later on this tread you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryDog View Post
In fact my main driver was to offer an alternative and hopefully superior book ontology. Richer and deeper. In SciFi, Punk, Cyperpunk, Steampunk etc... I know how to do it. But writing a smart classifier based off of book descriptions would definitely take some time. But I really want to get there.
Are you still trying to implement this? I would be very interested in searching for books of that particular *punk theme, like Cyberpunk, Steampunk and Biopunk. And as I said earlier adding this kind of sub-genres would be very beneficial, like fantasy: "Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Wizards, Mythology, Elves, Orcs, etc" or sci-fi: "Utopian, Dystopian, Apocalyptic, Pos-Apocalyptic" for example. Or is this all possible through search engine?

More a "Next" and a "Previous" button on the book description page would be good and if we click on another book while the popup is active it would change to that book instead of leaving popup and opening another.

Well sorry for the extremely long post and now to the good part, I'm not much of a web developer, I'm more of a software programmer but if you need any help to try to implement some of these things or others that you have in mind, say something, I would be happy to help.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote