View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #72
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
I guess each font (as selectable in the font selector) should have separate monospace and sans-serif definitions, so one could define serif/sans-serif/monospace triplets that look good together.
If you want to define 'font triplets' then the 'PRPlus look-alike' feature mentioned previously (allow css/style.css to be overwritten on-the-fly by any of a number of pre-prepared custom .css files) would work if each epub was read with font set to 'Original'. The benefits of this method are that you get unlimited font options.

I just thought my later suggestion may be easier to implement and you could customise 7 serifs + 1 sans + 1 mono (I've also added 1 smallcaps and 1 fancy dropcap), which may be enough for most.

Anyway, the decision is entirely yours. I'm much happier with your reader app as-is than I was with the original because it's no longer necessary to manually force any T1-specific css into each epub. This is much appreciated when you may want to read on any of several different reader models.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote