View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
After some sleep:

I get it. The OPFs, empty book and full, are updated automatically. So are full books if the setting's set. No problem.

Backups, ok. No problem.

Send to disk or device? Um. Calibre doesn't send the empty book OPFs. Which is what started me thinking about this issue in the first place. So here's a case: I want to buy all the books in a particular series, but so far only have some and not others. I have listed those un-owned-yet as empty books to keep better track of series numbers and what I own and don't. eBooks aren't available yet because the series is over 20 years old but not public domain. So off to the used bookstores I go, either physically traveling or virtually online, with trusty eBD containing calibre catalog in hand, to buy pBooks. Wanting to use the catalog as reference to what I need to buy. Question: does the catalog contain the OPF metadata from the empty books, or did it skip over them like send to disk or device did? (I haven't checked yet.) If it skips, I have a problem because the metadata I need to refer to won't be there. If it doesn't skip, there isn't a problem.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote