View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #129
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I would assume that both of those examples are a very small subset of the DMCA abuses. Most of the ones I've seen are from companies who likely had no confusion about their rights (or lack of), but decided to issue a DMCA takedown anyway, knowing full well that they were going to be able to get away with it. In those cases, perjury would certainly apply, if it ever got pursued that far.
Would love to see the SFWA get hit with a perjury charge for demanding works be removed from Scribd in direct defiance of the authors' wishes in some cases.

(I believe their response was something like, "um, no, of course that wasn't an DMCA complaint! It was just an, um, request that they remove stuff.")
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote