View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 06:27 AM   #35
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
But they are in his adjusted version; at least in the preview under Win7.
I just looked at it in the font viewer, and I see what you mean. On my Kobo that isn't the case.

Looks like in the font viewer the BoundingBox (in PostScript terms) is exactly equal to (ascender height + descender height) and the descenders of the round letters have a bit of overshoot (the q, for instance, isn't cut off).

I'm not sure that's supposed to happen (the round letter descenders having over shoot); I'm inclined to say that the descender height should be fixed for all letters. But I'm not a typographer, so who knows.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote