Thread: impfind
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #27
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
And the wine command line.
Code:
wine perl c:\\bin\\opf2imp.pl Mass_Effect_Revelation.opf
OK, I'm stuck here!

To use mobi2imp.pl, I started by first setting up eBook Publisher and the imp viewer as per your wiki writeup, and it's working just fine!

I downloaded and installed tompe's mobiperl and used cspan to get the required modules. I couldn't get GD to install, so I had to download and install libgd first (all done using sudo!).

Then I had to move the MobiPerl and Palm libs to /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 for them to be recognized by my ubuntu 8.04 default perl setup! Mobiperl now also works!!!!

OK, how do I use just mobi2imp.pl? If I issue, perl mobi2imp.pl, I get that it couldn't find Win32/OLE.pm.

I think you said you have to install ActivePerl under wine to use your opf2imp.pl script above. Is that right, I have to download the windows version of ActivePerl and install under wine, even though I already have perl installed on this linux box?

I just want to get your script and my mobi2imp.pl working, but both are missing the OLE.pm. It's not possible to just copy OLE.PM to the linux installation, right?

I issued your wine command above, but it complained that perl.exe could not be found, hence the need for ActivePerl to be installed there using wine, right?

Sorry for all the basic questions, but I'm learning this as I go.

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-22-2008 at 08:56 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote