View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Dreamhost.com
They offer free hosting (and as part of that, of course, file storage) to registered not-for-profit groups.

Best source for information on that is their web-site.
Thanks for the info! I've tried to look around on their site, but did not find anything really relevant. The only thing that comes close is http://dreamhost.com/about-us/the-dreamhost-difference/ , but that only considers U.S. law (and IIUC, that essentially means charity organizations). But we're neither US-based, nor are we a charity organization. Oh... I just realized that technically, we're actually ... nothing. :-/ (sorry, no english translation).

So I guess I can only hope for a volunteer (or someone with a similar concern) to maybe jump in. Anyway, thanks for the effort and for the suggestion!

PS: I've used the trading feature of Wuala while it lasted, and then joined the Tahoe LAFS-based VolunteerGrid2. The former was abandoned by the company because... well, because of what always happens when startups grow bigger and the management changes, and the latter was abandoned by the members because the software caused more problems than it solved.

So here I am. I can offer well-connected offsite (backup) storage for free - I'm just asking for the same in return.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote