View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC8 View Post
Well I created and uploaded an e-book Kindle, to Amazon and was notified that it was available, at this link: Through the Mists

I immediately had a look, and for the very first time ever, I noticed it was in fact not available, and the comment was that "Pricing information not available."
[...]
have published 6 or 7 e-books without issue previously.

What appears to have happened is that your book "Through the Mists" was uploaded as geographically restricted to United States sales.

So you in Australia and, say, residents of Canada will see the message
Pricing Information Unavailable.

As you may know, not all books are available in all Countries. If the author has sold print and ebook rights separately, say for US, and Australia then Amazon needs to know what rights apply to the edition being uploaded so they don't sell it improperly.

So there must be some way at upload time of specifying or some default.

You seems to have got "United States Only", perhaps you used a different computer with no cookies or Amazon's wonderful software managed it.

I verified this by using my Kindle browser (no cookies !) to go to Amazon.com, search the Kindle store for "Through the Mists" in Publication date order and your book showed up at the top (Dec 2011) at $2.99.

Looking at the top left I saw that my region was the default, United States. Changing this to Canada or Australia caused the entry to vanish, replaced by an October eBook.

To fix this, if there is nothing in the Author control page, will require you to contact Customer services. Specifying one of your other books as OK may help.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote