View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Well, supposing they bring out an Apple tablet at a price I can afford I'll be seriously jonesing for one.

But as an e-book reader? Full color is nice, I guess, but I don't read books with pictures much. The quick response time would be good. Backlit screen and low battery life and a heavy reader that tends to heat up--not so nice.

Might be useful in a pinch, but for me, I think I prefer a dedicated e-ink e-book reader.

What the average member of the public will prefer remains to be seen, of course. People might be more attracted to a device that can incidentally read e-books in addition to giving access to music/movies/pictures/color web sites/games/oh, yeah, typing and stuff/. But it seems to me that battery life will not be good enough for serious reading.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote