View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: PB 622, PB 623
Hi rkomar,

thanks for the information about the ld-linux.so.2/3 issue.

And then thank you even more for the stuff about the splitter program for SWUPDATE.BIN, that's very, very interesting;-) Perhaps it would even be possible to reassemble it again... The only drawback is that, at least with the firmware file I had a look at, /dev doesn't have PTYs, I guess they get created automatically on system startup.

Why the program crashes on some systems and not on others is still a mystery to me, at least when, as you say, it should work on all newer systems. My debugging attempt with the PB622 with older firmware didn't lead to any useful clues - all I found was that it's a SEGFAULT. Ok, I know how easy they are to make and how hard to find, but i hope my program is rather clean (no direct memory allocation, just via C++ methods) and I don't see where I could possibly write into memory I do not "own", so I'm tempted to blame the firmware;-) Well, it could be that exceptions are not enabled and thus an object creation failing due to memory exhaustion may have, instead throwing an exception, crashed the program in some ugly way. Got to look into that...

Best regards, Jens
jtt is offline   Reply With Quote