View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by manou View Post
The US$ 2.- surcharge per book is still added in the Asia Pacific region - no matter wether you side load the book or get it over wifi. One of my pet peeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
This is outrageous !!!

In Europe, or at least in Spain/Germany/France, the coutries I can check easily, Amazon is at the same price or cheaper than Kobo, Weltbild, or Numilog.
Yeah, it really doesn't seem fair.
Their problem is that, even if you sideload or download over WiFi at the time you purchase an ebook, once it's in your Kindle library, you're still free to download again later using their 3G, and it would be messy to have to charge the 3g premium at that later time.

Now that more devices are WiFi, seems they could look into just disabling future 3g transfers for those who opt out, but I expect that could get messy too, if the person ever buys a 3g kindle...
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote