View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #224
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
No matter what I try, I keep coming back to MS Word. I dunno. Something about just typing the story in (with grammar/spelling help) with just a blank page works for me. I have a notes doc, and my story doc. I have been using word processors since the early 80's (remember the ones where you had the tinny LCD to work with? glorified typewriter really?) and I guess I am just stuck.

Since its is only $50 for the Office Suite (as a student), its not even cost prohibitive. Maybe some day I will see the light?
If it works for you, you're not stuck.

I, on the other hand, am apparently allergic to properly using word processors. Word, OOo, doesn't matter. If I need to draft a "normal" text document, I usually use Notepad++ then sling it into Publisher for formatting. I do use Word, when the document requires it, but for anything longer than a page I start freaking out a bit. I know, I'm weird, but it's probably because my entry into the business world started with Pagemaker (later InDesign) and project management software. For my current job, things like training documents start in One Note and migrate to Publisher.

I'm so dreading the day I have to submit to Smashwords. Of course, at the rate I'm going, by that time maybe they'll take direct ebook format uploads. I can dream, anyway.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote