View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #144
b0rsuk
meles meles
b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Its a safe bet that as delivered the USB port won't work with a keyboard. .
You mean it's not likely to work at first because they have higher priorities and such things typically (if ever) come in later software updates ? Because DR1000 is first and foremost a reading device ?

Quote:
The Freescale i.MX31L FactSheet mentions USB On-The-Go and 2x USB Hosts. So (a) it might be possible to reconfigure the USB for OTG (which would allow some keyboards to work),
So it all depends on the software they use ? Linux is open source, but they may have used binary blobs here and there. It depends on how tightly it's locked, right ? I think the only thing we know right now is that the CPU is capable of handling USB "master". (By USB OTG). By the way, how does USB OTG look like ? Is it a distinct slot, or another "way" of using existing USB slots ? Is it possible that Irex Digital Reader has an "ordinary" USB slot, not OTG one and connecting a keyboard is simply impossible ?

Quote:
I'm not sure what "iPod-like" means, but if this is a USB port then it can probably be made to work with memory sticks and keyboards.
I wish I knew. I guess the best I can do is wait for some reviews by technical people. If it requires some hacking, library/kernel modifications etc to make it work - I'm fine with it. I can follow instructions as long as they don't involve writing assembly code.
Thank you for information.
b0rsuk is offline   Reply With Quote