View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
And as a Samsung Galaxy owner that is my biggest irritation with a very good product... I can't get rid of all the c**p that Samsung insist on cluttering up Android with... it's not that I like iPhones (I don't) and I don't object to Samsung putting lots of things on the phone but... between Samsung and my provider, I have a pile of things that I don't want and I can't uninstall most of it just like Google things I don't want...

Strangely enough, I really want to choose the apps I have on my phone and not be forced to have the stuff some faceless apparatchik insists on putting on it without providing an easy path to remove it...
You can disable apps in Settings and they disappear from your drawer. They are still installed, but are not running and not visible.

A more drastic approach is to root and remove them, there is a list on XDA of the ones that it is safe to remove.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote