View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for all the details.

Given what I see, the first things I suspect are the firewall and any security software you have running. Why? Because everything looks right, just like I have on my home network. The problem: calibre did not see any attempt to connect, which means that there is a break in the network between CC and calibre. Did you attempt to connect while making the debug log?

To check the firewall, follow the instructions in step 2 of FAQ 2 of this post. Please do it again even if you have already done it once. It is worth checking just to be sure.

Are you running a network security software suite? If so, which one?

Another rare possibility is that your wireless router will not permit connections between machines on the same network. We have seen this with some AT&T routers and with some German routers. What brand of router are you using?

Thanks again for taking the time work through the problem. I hope we can find the problem. We usually do, and the effort helps us improve CC. However, if we do not find the problem then we will be happy to refund what you paid for CC.

It is late here, so if you answer tonight I won't respond until my morning. I am not ignoring you, just sleeping.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote