Thread: Recaps
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Where books of a series are published at widely spaced intervals (six months or a year) then I think a recap is probably appropriate - but keep it short, a just a few pages covering just the essentials. This is necessary because a significant proportion of people do not re-read books, and human memory is quite fallible. (Typically I would re-read a series before continuing with a new release.)

Where a series come out together, or very close, I don't think recaps are essential. If people are enjoying the series they will keep reading (immediately or quite quickly), and if not the recap is pointless anyway.
Okay.. so say a book is released once a year or os. Say you put the recap in for your readers because of that year break.. in a few years, does that recap become pointless because there will no longer be a time gap between releases?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote