View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by g007 View Post
I'm assuming (I know you mentioned this in a post somewhere, but I couldn't find it) that in your app the book files on the device will stored/organized similarly to as they are on desktop Calibre — and all in one location?
For the beta this is true, there is one user-settable folder that books live in. However, one feature that will arrive real-soon-now is format routing, where you can specify a different folder for each book type. The purpose of this feature is to permit routing received books into the "import" folder for readers that can handle that kind of file. I think this will be useful, but time will tell.
Quote:
Regardless, hats off to you for addressing and solving every other ereader's blindness around the need to actually manage and browse books as well as read them on a device.
Thanks for the encouraging words. We hope that the app will live up to its potential.
Quote:
For what it's worth, in my opinion, Mantano comes closest to providing good management/browsing features (you can group/filter by collection, tag, or author and sort within group) and reading display options (font size, etc.). (And I think Mantano Premium has more extensive control over how books display.) Moon+ Reader runs the closest second with their 'library' options, and a ton of reading display options all in the free version, and Aldiko a distant third — you can only import from local (SD) storage,it ignores tags, doesn't seem to support collections, and has limited grouping/sorting. Plus, its reading display options are minimal.
Good info. I need to try more readers to a) see how they work, and b) to see if they can interoperate with our app.

FWIW: my son has verified that the stock Samsung reader app (whatever that is) publishes its capabilities, so it interoperates with our app. IIRC he tried it on a tablet running Honeycomb. It worked as hoped, appearing in the list of available readers when he tapped on a book to open it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote