View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Is it possible for you to go in reverse and separate one epub to many. Maybe giving the option of selecting the contents from the Toc you want to separate into different books.
That would be a lot more challenging. Just some of the issues are:
  • TOC entries can point to anchors inside an xhtml file, not just the start of files, possibly requiring files to be split.
  • More than one TOC entry can point to the same file and/or anchor. (Start of book and first chapter, for example.)
  • Not every xhtml in the epub has to have a TOC entry, so more than one xhtml file may be in the same 'chapter'.
  • Image and CSS links would have to be scanned for so those files would end up in the correct output epubs.
  • Splitting nested TOC entries would be challenging.
  • The TOC and the 'spine' (the order the xhtml files appear) aren't required to be in the same order. I can't think of a good reason why anyone would, but they could.
It's difficult, but not necessarily impossible--now I'm intrigued by the idea just for the symmetry of it.

Right now, I'd probably use Sigil for that--make a copy for the section you want to split off and delete everything else.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote