View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Is anyone having a problem accessing the Reader Store?
I just downloaded the Reader Library version 3.1. It shows all of my ebooks, but I get the message "Unable to access ebook store". Now way back when I first got my PRS700, I had a similar problem. After much conversation with Sony tech support and my ISP, we found that the proxy for the content filter (provided by my ISP) conflicted with Sony's proxy server. My ISP kept trying to write an exception into my filter to allow access to the Sony store without any success. Well, maybe 6 months ago, all of sudden I could access the store and have not had a problem since, until just now after downloading the new version. Coincidence??
I noticed the following on their support page:
Q. Cannot connect to the eBook store.
A. Is a security service specifically provided by your Internet service provider used?
If used, deactivate the service temporarily and connect to the eBook store. (The Reader Library communication may be blocked by the service.) For details on how to deactivate the service, consult your Internet service provider.

I haven't called them (my ISP) yet, but just was wondering if this has been a problem for anyone else.
Your ISP needs to write an exception for Reader Library into their content filter. But one solution though is to go with an ISP that doesn't have a content filter. All that does is treat you like a child.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote