View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
BTW, can someone verify that browsing from ebooks works? the data is served from impserve, but it apparently triggers a bug in the ebook and it asks to reset itself ... can you verify that the same happens with you?
  1. Oh, I can verify that they do work on the REB1200! I haven't yet tried this on an EBW1150, though.

I tried that next_1200.imp I posted earlier and it worked flawlessly surfing to the wiki page.

If it doesn't work for you, what firmware is your REB1200? Mine is at 4.2f22.

If it would help, can you capture/generate a privoxy-like log of the HTTP packets sent/received? I can then match with mine, if there is something gone amiss.

2. The simulation of a 'back button' during surfing using the 'directory icon' works well, however, after the 'Online Bookshelf' tab is clicked and then the 'Bookstore icon' is clicked, nothing happens, but the last (html) page visited is displayed. Another 'directory icon' click brings up the main content page, but this should have happened when the 'Bookstore icon' was just clicked. Clear?

3. The text substitute of <a href> to include those UNDERLINE='YES' is a very useful feature. Any quick help/start guide you could provide on how to mod/write these plugins? I'm eager to try...

4. The .imp ebook transfer methods (#2 and #3 above) work just great. I was able to directly download a .imp book from the upload ebook forum here as well as a .imp from the the same directory Mobileread.com set up for the Mobipocket Download Guide. This is a great feature that ashkulz has "built-in' to ebookutils!!!!

Major thanks for a job well done!!!

Initial bug report:
- booklist gets truncated at 100 .imp books when the 'Online Bookshelf' (directory) has more than 99 ebooks. You just knew I was going to try this... (actually I had wanted to try with 10,000+ .imp books but settled for a directory with just 180 .imp ebooks in addition to my local shelf directory)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-01-2008 at 06:33 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote