View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Wacom touch doesn't affect the visibility of the display at all. the digitzer portion that interacts with the stylus is under the e-ink display. They havent, as far as i have been told, changed anything with the display that should add glare.

The whiteness or grayness of the background has much to do with the "waveform" they are using to drive the display. its something they continue to work with to improve, along with the blackness of the text.

i will inquire about the glare you are experiencing.
Thanks a lot mr. Dullin. Besides the glare the new Boox I received was also not good under the sun. The text either shades or becomes so light grey that it almost blends with the background. Contrast becomes very week. I showed it to my wife and she also confirmed that under daylight it looks very bad. Grey background with grey text make it very uncomfortable to read. I even rushed to BN store just to compare Nook and Boox. They have the same greyish screen but once exposed to the sun Boox becomes very unreadable. I can make a couple of shots of Boox to show you what I really mean. As I said its a great device and I want to keep it but if I cant use it outside I have no use for it at all. I guess its still a very raw product and needs lots of improvement.
Thanks again and happy reading.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote