View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
choice of audio, video and ebook apps is miles better (and less expensive) on android...
If you are talking selection... it may be larger on Android, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. In my experience, the quality of the iOS apps are much better, and finding the good stuff in the iOS app store is easier. Even comparing the same app, the iOS tablet version is usually better because the Android app is often just a phone app, scaled up for the tablet screen. Just one example... the Goodreads app has a lot more features in the iPad app than the Android version.

I actually bought my Nexus 7 because I kept hearing that the selection of ebook reading apps with auto-scroll was so much better for Android. Once I got it, I found the only reader app that measured up (for my needs) to what I was already using on iOS was Moon + Reader Pro, which cost the same as the app I was using on iOS (Tomes) and is about equal in features. Once Marvin App for iPad gets auto-scroll it will blow both of them away and I'll be back to reading full-time on my iPad. Everything else I use my iPad for is worse on the Nexus 7... reading is only marginally better, and that is primarily because it's a smaller, lighter device.

Quote:
what are you doing when some files wont work in some program in ios? go to your computer, and transferring it again into another app, right...and for some people ios is easier to work with?
Honestly... I have not had a problem finding iOS apps to open/edit whatever I needed opened/edited, and I never need to go to my computer to transfer files. Anytime I need a file off my computer, I have been able to get it over the air with a nice app called FileBrowser which lets me browse my shared folders with no additional software. And I'm not even a Mac user.

But like I said... at least we have choices. Getting an Android device has made me appreciate iOS a lot more than I previously did. That said, iTunes still sucks and should be banished from the planet. Fortunately, you can pretty much get by without interacting with it much anymore.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote