View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #18
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Thanks for the suggestions: I have thought about a solar charger but I don't know how well it will work on a dark rainy day, which is mainly when I will need it.
I've done some research on this topic for winter for amateur radio repeater sites. Basically expect about 10% to 15% of power output on a cloudy day vs a sunny day. So a 30 watt solar panel would only put out 3 or 4 watts. In other words for you the weight involved in a hauling around a 30 watt solar panel just isn't worth it.

Now if you were canoeing for a month or two and needed to power satellite phone, etc, then that's different.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote