View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
In my opinion ? Copyright infringement should apply to those making a profit off any given product they do not own and that's all.
I buy movies, books, games and so forth because it's illegal to simply download them. If copyright infringement only applied to those making a profit and downloading for your own personal use was perfectly legal, well I'd never spend another penny. I'd download everything I wanted and more.

There's a reason I download public domain books from here or guttenberg rather than paying for them on Amazon. It's legal to do so and costs me nothing

Unfortunately, so would I think many many more people and I'm not sure any authors, movie producers or game makers would continue doing their jobs for very much longer.

Copyright has to exist if we wish to retain the same levels of content we enjoy today imo. If anyone could download for free (non-commercially) then the amount of content would nose dive and we'd likely only see labours of love actually made, or hobbiest movies/games/books. Might still be a few good products, but on the whole I think we'd lose heavily.

Last edited by JoeD; 10-04-2012 at 04:56 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote