View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Free (Amazon) Assorted Titles June 14th

We have now started the third cycle of the KDP Select program. This means that titles may now have been free at least 11 days now. Therefore, I'm seeing mostly repeats. There may be days when I won't post anything.

After a bit of file cleaning, I have enough on my TBR list to last me 17.3 years at current reading speed. Looking for new free things will no longer be a priority for me. I was actually surprised how large my TBR pile was. There were titles all over my hard drive and when I put them all together

For today we have:
The Quiet Assassin: Third Edition by Thomas Kirkwood. Action adventure originally published by Dutton in 1985. Reviews mixed.

Quote:
"The Quiet Assassin" is an unusual and original thriller that occurs in East Berlin during the cold war. The heroine Käte Frassek, like Lucy in Ken Follet's "Eye of the Needle," is an unparalleled and intriguing woman protagonist. Frassek, a respected scientist, leads a double life and, with pen in hand, becomes the quiet assassin. Her main goal is to begin a revolution which would ultimately free the German people from a police state. She intends to begin this revolt by killing the head of the East German secret police.

An enduring love develops between Käte and an American physician, but not even this intense love can stop Käte from her mission. After twenty years of plotting against the repressive regime, the end is chilling for Käte and the ones she loves.

Last edited by Fbone; 06-14-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote