View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 AM   #50
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Depends on the book (or my expectations of it), and the sex scenes.

The blurb of Gail Carriger's Soulless led me to expect a mystery with a side of romance. What I got was a rather thin mystery plot to hang heavy petting and sex on. Reasons why I didn't like that include: I don't buy into the idea that two people bickering all the time means they are meant for each other; mutual biting is creepy when one of the partners has supernatural healing, but the other doesn't; the phrase "he impaled himself" used for penetration...

With Lois McMaster Bujold's Sharing Knife books, I knew that I was heading into a romance, and while there were certain squick factors (e.g. age gap) in the relationship, it was affectionate and involved mutual trust, rather than standoffishness, before the sex started. I also got the impression that sex scenes themselves gave more space to the characters' reactions rather than mechanics.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote