View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
It has to "join" the network like any other wifi device. That's how wireless Ethernet works. I haven't seen any detailed info on how koob's wifi syncing works but I suspect once the kobo obtains its IP, it sends out a broadcast Ethernet message for the desktop app to pick up. If your wireless network is separate from the wired, it's possible the desktop app won't be able to see the kobo's broadcast message.
I don't believe the desktop app is involved. Neither is your computer.

You can shut your computer completely off and just have your wireless router turned on and the Kobo will connect to the network and the Store just fine. The wireless router is the network.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote