View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
ChrisR1970
ChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with othersChrisR1970 plays well with others

Device: Sony 505
Whats happening to Sony?

I was out shopping with my wife last week and I was looking for Sony accessories. I noticed that Target Stores clearanced out their Sony Merchandise and replaced it with a Kindle display. Best Buy removed their Sony Display also They still sell the Sony but I was told any accessories would have to be ordered online and that they were switching to selling the Barnes and Noble Reader at Best Buy. The Borders where I live is clearancing out Sony devices and the manager said she thought they were going to stop carrying them in stores after the first of the year and sell the KOBO and Cruz readers in store and possibly still have the Sony available online. My question; Is Sony on the way out? The other readers do the same thing and at a fraction of the price and they all read e-pub formats. Is there any advantage to sticking with a Sony if I replace my 505? Has anyone read anything about Sony's future plans?
ChrisR1970 is offline   Reply With Quote