View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Indecisive
Indecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blueIndecisive can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: None
Question Kobo glo or aura - what's the difference? ereader newbie!

Ok, I was going to get a glo but then they announced the aura and I suddenly ended back at square one! Being new to ereaders I'm not entirely sure what is and isn't missing in these models. I know they both have the comfort light - which I'm very interested in because I usually use my ipad and it drives me nuts for reading (love it otherwise, not for books). I hated the eye strain, and the crappy sun glare and the fact that it lights up my bedroom like a spotlight! My ideal response would be from someone who has owned or used both models and can tell me how different they were. The stuff in the aura press release doesn't help much since I've never owner any ereader. Don't know what matters! I'd love any advice, I don't mean to sound demanding! Just being clear since so many of the new aura threads are filled with people who haven't received them listing possible issues or going off topic to non kobo ereaders.

I was reading another thread in the kobo board that got hijacked by a paperweight argument so I'd just like to be clear that I definitely am only considering one of these two models. I'm sure the Sony, kindle, etc. are lovely and I'm glad you like them. That's awesome. I just need to narrow stuff down! And since I was previously set on the glo I'd like to keep it to these two models or ill just end up giving up with frustration! Lol!

I'm also wondering about size, what issues do people who have used both have? Is it way easier to pack the glo around or is the difference quite subtle? Or are they both chunky so the glo would be better ? Anything is great though, hope I didn't put anyone off with my "this is what I want" harping! I need to pull the trigger on this before I go on vacation next week! :P i don't have a lot of money to throw around but I could justify an extra thirty bucks for the aura if it's really worth it. I know people are psyched about the aura but do any former glo users feel like the difference is kinda slight? Or are you totally blown away? If so, do you think that it's just a neat upgrade or did it add something that was lacking to the glo? Like, had you never gazed upon the aura would the added features have ever been anything you complained/had issue with on the glo?

Thanks!
Indecisive is offline   Reply With Quote