View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it was me doing it, I'd use a blockquote.
But how then do you manage long lines - lines longer than the width of an ebook screen? These lines will break at places governed by the font size (and family), and the usual convention in print or ebook is to have them indented where they break. I've done poetry ebooks in which some of the damn poem titles are longer than will fit on an ebook line. And one of the poems has a long stanza in which the lines are progressively indented further and further until the line starts nearly at the right margin.

And many poems have lines which for some poetic reason are indented several spaces - and the exact distance is important to the poet. I can't see how this could be done with blockquote tags.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote