View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
_Abahd_
_Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Help needed - USBNet/SSH

Hi there,

first of all thanks to all that stuff avaiable to fix our kindles. But i still wasnīt able to fully enable USBNet.

Im on Win7 an got firmware 5.1.2. Like told in another thread i flashed the diags partition with built-in ssh (mmcblk0p2_ssh.img) in fastboot and copied the main partition (kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb.ssh.img) with putty.
So like I understood on Kindle should everything necassary for USBNet?!

I enabled port-forwarding on my router and made an entry for ssh with IP of kindle (192.168.15.244), port(area) 22, TCP-protocol.

With simple USBNet 1.1 on kindle i activated USBNet (;un) and set a password (;un password <paswword>).

Connected to PC RNDIS Ethernet Device found, installed with Microsoft driver, set IP adress to 192.168.15.1.

Now i can connect to my kindle with putty, user: root and on kindle set password. Like here (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking) i wrote "ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.1; ssh root@192.168.15.244" and putty says "-sh: ssh: not found" and putty hang up.

I tried the last step again after enabled USBNet in diags mode. Same as above, but the kindle created a USBnet.xml in root folder:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!-- USB Net info -->
<USB_NetInfo ipNumber="15" device_NFS_path="/mnt/gen3/factory" host_NFS_path="/scratchbox/nfs/factory/" />

I donīt know anything more to do. Would be thankful for any help.
_Abahd_ is offline   Reply With Quote