View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What proportion of your books do you read more than once? With me, the figure is very low. I have a few old favourites, that I read over and over, but the overwhelming majority of books I'll never read again.
certainly, but really, people want to feel that they at least own something that they paid for and with it the privilege that they can do with it as they please, within reason. like you, i have a few favorites that i've read over five times now, and it's been a joy every time.

although if they do insist on pushing this, why not just issue a "rental" version of ebooks (and a 'rental' price) instead of implementing such a policy across the board? of course, i assumed that the OP meant it as an across the board thing.

@OP: all this greed and paranoia is driving me nuts it's like Harry said. we've got enough things to worry about still, well, we live in a capitalist society. businesses want as much profit as possible. that's what my business texts all say

Last edited by wyndslash; 03-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote