View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What proportion of your books do you read more than once? With me, the figure is very low. I have a few old favourites, that I read over and over, but the overwhelming majority of books I'll never read again.
First I do not see how that is relevant since if the number needs to be low then the publisher(s) will simply pick an arbitrarily low "personal license" lifespan and add to it an aging-factor. Because, you knooow, books age and pages become brittle and we must keep in line with that idea after-all.

Second, the vast majority of my books have be re-read at least once, most all 2+ times.

I do wonder if there exists every intention of publishers to bugger with formats and firmware to ensure obsolesce of existing content over time. Naw, the way Amazon is setup would seem to eliminate that option because all that needs done is to re-download a book in the new format. Well, unless the license we agreed to only specifies the current Amazon format will be supported in that license of the book.

Ahhh, I've got it publishers will begin to licence their own file formats to the device makers. That is where I think Amazon is on our side. By controlling the file formats they seem to have done an end-around on that idea. For now anyway, which brings me back to reading limits in the future.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote