View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One would certainly hope that PG US do not have this book, since, being published in 1927, it is not in the public domain in the USA!

(It is, of course, in the public domain pretty much everywhere else in the world.)
Given that Arthur Conan Doyle died on 7 July 1930, that is interesting!
But luckily for me, I live in glorious Australia (where I assume it is in the public domain, however I am unsure of this..)
Did Nintendo pay royalties in the US for The Casebook then, or was the book substituted for something else?
I could easily add it to a script (feedbooks has it, not PG) but if it gets people into trouble, is it worth it?
BTW, I checked the copyright renewal record search and The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes doesn't show up.
Given that for works published in the United States between 1923–1963, the condition is with notice (no renewal) and under such conditions all works are public domain, will you admit you may be wrong and it is public domain now?

Last edited by AprilHare; 04-29-2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: no notice
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote