Thread: Canada Reads
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
I'm on the same page regarding Atwood personally and regarding the choice of The Year of The Flood. I too thought it made no sense to pick the second book of a trilogy. Atwood, and others, claim all three can be read independent of the others. I completely disagree! I also felt that the first (Oryx and Crake) was the best of the three so why not choose that one. As a person I always find Atwood just a little too superior.

I'm a sucker for the competition though because I listen to CBC and my fiction reading is dominated by Canadian authors. We've always had a lot to be proud with our authors and in my opinion they just keep getting better! The winner last year, February by Lisa Moore, was brilliant and I just finished Caught, which was different, but also wonderful.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote